Friday 15 January 2016

Stay Warm Friends!

Hello!

With this recent cold spell I feel the need to remind all my furry friends to stay inside and stay warm!  Yes, our little paws were made for walking, but not for a long time when it gets this cold!  Remember we can get frostbite too.

To my fellow dog friends:  Please don't be embarrassed about wearing a coat.  I have a sweater and a coat!  And actually I find it usually results in more snuggles from our human friends because for some reason they think we look super cute in them.  I don't think my human friends look more adorable in their coats, but oh well, for now I'll just enjoy the extra hugs.  I don't know about you, but I also find all that salty stuff they sprinkle on the roads so annoying on my feet!  I wish I could get used to my boots but it feels like I'm stuck in the mud!  I saw a little dog prancing happily down the street the other day with his very stylish boots on and it made me a little envious.  I should go home and practice, trouble is I can't get them on myself.  For now I just put up with the salt and my mommy kindly wipes my feet when we get home.  Sometimes I also just flat out refuse to walk.  Fortunately I am small enough that I can do this, and my mommy carries me the rest of the way home.  So keep your walks short in this cold weather!

To my cat friends:  I know you are all too embarrassed to wear a coat and you consider it beneath your dignity so I won't even try.  There is no need to be a hero and get out there to defend your territory in this weather.  Step outside if you need a breath of fresh air and to make sure everything is in order, but that squirrel can be chased another day.  Head back inside and find a cozy bed or blanket.  Just because your crazy human goes outside doesn't mean you have to!

I thought you might like to see a picture of my in my nice cozy sweater:



Hugs from Bailey xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.