Wednesday 28 January 2015

The "Skunk Bug"

You know that expression "it's a dog's life?"  Well whoever coined that term obviously didn't know about vaccine day.  Ugg, this morning I overheard mommy asking one of the doctors if she could give me one of my needles.  What?  Did anybody bother to ask me about this?  I need time to prepare myself, you can't just spring this on me cold turkey!  When I was a wee pup I got very sore after one of my vaccines so now I get this "special" needle first to make me feel better after.  Actually it does help.  Now I am just a little sleepy after the vaccine so I guess it's worth the extra little prick.  So yes, I guess I have to admit that these people know what they are doing.  This vaccine that I am getting today protects me against this disease called l-e-p-t-o-s-p-i-r-o-s-i-s.  I know.  Why do they have to give these bugs such long names?  I just call it the skunk bug.  I hear the doctors telling other pet's families that we could pick it up if we come too close to raccoon or skunk pee.  I mean it's not something that I intentionally try to do (gross! - what kind of poodle do you think I am?) but sometimes when I am running around in the grand outdoors I don't want to have to worry about where those little skunkys have decided to piddle.  The scary thing too is that if I get this skunk bug I could pass it onto my human family too!  So look at me, being all self-sacrificing now and going through all of this to help my family.  I will most definitely need extra red peppers tonight (they are my favorite!)  

Oh and to top it all off my mommy tried to make we walk to the post box after my needle today!  Sheesh....She quickly realized her error and carried me most of the way.

So here is what I got today:



And here I am!  Sleeping it off....


Well wish me well tonight, I will be home snuggled up in my little bed and hopefully back at work tomorrow bright eyed and bushy tailed!

xoxo Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.